If you have views on sustainable food, your input into this survey would be welcomed. It is being carried out by an MSc student and the results from the questionnaire will be fed back to the Public Health Directorate in Dumfries and Galloway who will use it to inform the possible development of a sustainable food partnership for the region.
The aim of the research is to map the current food related organisations, initiatives, and businesses in Dumfries and Galloway which relate to the 6 key issues identified by SFCN, which are:
1. Promoting healthy and sustainable food to the public
2. Tackling food poverty, diet-related ill health and access to affordable healthy food
3. Building community food knowledge, skills, resources and projects
4. Promoting a vibrant and diverse sustainable food economy
5. Transforming catering and food procurement
6. Reducing waste and the ecological footprint of the food system