If you have considered SALSA accreditation but haven't quite got round to it, a new programme launched by Scotland Food & Drink might be of interest.
The ‘SALSA Go!’ programme will offer practical one to one on-site and remote technical support, working directly with the business to ensure that they will make a successful application for SALSA Certification. This would offer businesses who are new to SALSA, an enhanced, structured and formalised framework for the effective implementation of the SALSA standard and subsequent SALSA Approval. Supported businesses will be required to contribute; for Scotland Food & Drink members the contribution from the business is circa 25% of the actual cost of the support that will be provided and for non-members, circa 45%.
SALSA is a robust and effective food safety certification scheme which is designed for smaller food producers and processors.
Retail and supermarkets, foodservice and Scotland’s public sector view local sourcing as a major objective. However, buyers frequently require assurance that the business operates to a recognised industry standard, this is a fundamental part of their due diligence and typically it requires affiliation to an independent third-party certification scheme such as SALSA.
Suppliers that are SALSA approved can demonstrate that they operate to standards that are recognised and accepted across the industry and exceed the minimum standards expected by enforcement authorities. SALSA Certification is only granted to businesses operating from commercial premises. It may consider businesses operating from domestic premises if there is verifiable intent set out to move to commercial premises with 6 months https://www.salsafood.co.uk/
HOW TO APPLY
Application is open to all. The closing date for applications is 9th August 2019.
It is anticipated that there will be significant demand for participation in this SALSA opportunity. Businesses must apply via the website application form HERE which is designed to help select which businesses are best placed to benefit.
If successful, the key features businesses can expect are:
- Up to 2 days business mentoring to support businesses up to the point of making a confident audit ready application for SALSA accreditation;
- A bespoke compliance GAP analysis and a HACCP evaluation;
- A SALSA Mentor Report with an agreed action plan, to achieve SALSA Certification
- A timeline and methodology for the plan highlighting what is needed to get the company to the point of making a successful application to SALSA;
- Remote support via email and telephone;
- Advice on the future time, resources and cost of maintaining SALSA;
- A suite of online resources for businesses to use at any time.
Additional benefits include:
- SALSA Buyers Directory listing as a Pre-approval Member;
- Preferential rate training courses on vital topics such as HACCP and Food Labelling;
- SALSA’s “Monthly Motivation” e-shot with hot topics for compliance;
- Ongoing access to the SALSA telephone helpline.
For more infomation and to apply visit: https://foodanddrink.scot/how-we-help/market-development/