Coeliac UK are hosting a training day in Kirkcudbright on 19th March to help catering and hospitality businesses develop the skills, knowledge and processes to safely meet the needs of people following gluten free diets. The certificated training costs £99 +VAT per delegate and full details and a booking form can be downloaded here.
A comprehensive programme run by Coeliac UK, accredited by The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland, on how to cater for people following a gluten-free diet. The course looks at the challenges faced by people with coeliac disease and the legal requirements associated with gluten-free labelling.
Designed for Chefs, Restaurant Managers, Front of House staff, public sector Catering Managers/Catering staff, or anyone wanting to learn about preparing food for a gluten-free diet.
Course Objective: To provide attendees with the knowledge and confidence they need to deliver a wide range of tasty, safe gluten-free food, within the boundaries of the law.
Introduction: Understanding coeliac disease, what your customers need, why serve gluten-free?, introducing the law on gluten-free Getting it right – the practical bit, choosing and using the right ingredients, storage, goods inwards and ingredients management, preparing and cooking gluten-free food, serving gluten-free meals, cleaning and personal hygiene, communicating with your customers and labelling your menu.
Management: Training your staff, monitoring your procedures, management commitment and accredit your venue.
As part of the course you will also receive:
- 40 page comprehensive delegate work book
- Quick tips flip chart guide to catering gluten-free
- Coeliac UK 2015 Food and Drink Directory detailing where to access wholesale ingredients
- Wall poster to highlight key practices for gluten-free catering in your kitchen
- Gluten-free goody bag containing a range of gluten-free products
- Certificate of attendance (on completion of the course and assessment)
After the course you will also benefit from:
- Access to the Coeliac UK recipe database, providing a wealth of recipes to give you inspiration after the course
- Mention of your organisation’s attendance in Coeliac UK eXG online newsletter which goes out to 50,000 + Members
- Exclusive offers to accredit and advertise your venue with Coeliac UK.
Full details including a booking form can be downloaded from the Coeliac UK website: https://www.coeliac.org.uk/food-industry-professionals/caterers-and-rest...